sI

Monday, August 28, 2006

Go Speed Racer...

Saturday was my daughter's (12) first cross-country meet. The fact that she is on a school team without being forced at gun-point is amazing. She's extremely shy like her father (shutup, I am ... REALLY!).

At the end of school last year she said she'd like to be on the cross-country team. It took a few moments to rehinge our jaws enough to say "Cool!"

I was so proud of her, she ran the entire 2 miles (she says she walked a LITTLE bit at the end, but I didn't see it so it doesn't count) and finished 79th, in a neck-in-neck sprint with another girl (who finished 78th by 3/100's of a second). There were 102 girls in the race.

I am so proud of the fact that she finished the race, she wasn't last (although that really wouldn't matter, but it helps!) and she had enough in the tank to put on a sprint at the end. She seems to really like this running thing so we are going to have to work on getting her time down (she finished 21:23.55) and if nothing else she'll be a much better runner by next year!

Oh yeah, another bonus, she didn't have to be taken away in an ambulance (at least one girl did)!
Pushed by Pusher Robot at 2:20 PM

See what Blogger Shover Robot had to say about the experience!
See what Blogger Webmiztris had to say about the experience!

2 Terrible Secrets of Space:

Blogger Shover Robot revealed...

Yes she could have dehydrated, sun stroke or even over exhaustion.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris revealed...

good for her! if I ran around my house for about one minute I think I'd die. :D

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment